For those who simply wish to enjoy the great outdoors, cruise lakes and spend the day on the water, taking photos, casting a line, getting some exercise, touring with other boats the Blue Sky Boatworks Escape is for you. Designed for comfort, stability and with ample storage for both day or multi day trips, the Escape is an awesome, cost friendly option. The deck has room to pack a day lunch, strap down a cooler and has tracks that allow for the mounting of cameras, smart phones, speakers and more to customize your fun on the water.
Owner's Manual: Click Here
- Length: 13' 4"
- Width: 48"
- Weight: 130 lbs w/o seat & drive; 160 lbs w/seat & drive
- Capacity: 500 lbs
- Rotomolded Polyethylene, Anodized Marine Grade Aluminium
- Crank Ration: 12:1
- Sleek twin hulls for speed & stability
- Two easy-access storage hatches
- Captain's swivel seat w/ dual-steering controls - trimmable forward and backward as weel as up and down
- Raised RAM Hand Track gear attachment track
- Integrated wheel deployment system
- FlexDrive System - interchangeable with E-Drive System
- Padded deck for all-day standing comfort
- Power-Pole Micro Anchor ready
- Rear porch for extra staging space
- Two hatch inserts to keep gear organized
- Spring-loaded kick-up rudder
- Prop access hatch
- Four grab handles
- Footman's loop tie-down points on hulls
About The Flex Drive
Jackson Kayak has designed a patent-pending prop-driven pedal system which allows for hands-free forward and reverse propulsion for kayaks. Named the Flex Drive, it consists of a daggerboard-protected tri-prop propeller which, combined with unique articulation of the prop system, gives the Flex Drive increased performance over other drives and helps keep the system clear of obstacles and easy to clean. Jackson Kayak’s Flex Drive System can quickly adapt from deep to shallow water navigation without having to move the main pedal drive unit.
The Flex Drive is easily deployed with the flip of a lever, has adjustable pitch prop blades and a 12:1 ratio. An interchangeable electric motor-driven head unit is in development as well for release at a later date.